Volunteer Fact Sheet & Walk Day Logistics
The Austin Walk to Cure Diabetes is a family fun event that brings over 5,000 people and raises over $600,000 for diabetes research! Walk is a great volunteer opportunity for individuals, families, organizations and companies. Thank you for volunteering!
Click here to fill out our volunteer form!
Sunday, October 27th, 2013
11100 Alterra Parkway,
Austin, TX 78758
The event is on the backside of The Domain, near Burnet Road. Event parking is located in the IBM parking lot (near intersection of Burnet & Kramer). Please enter The Domain off of Braker, parking volunteers will direct you to the proper location.
Time: Volunteer times vary depending on your area.
Please arrive promptly. All volunteers will check in at the Volunteer Check In tent. Walkers will begin to check-in at 9:00 a.m., the Walk will begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Volunteers are required to wear their Volunteer t-shirt.
- Please dress comfortably for an outdoor event.
- Halloween hats and accessories are encouraged, however your t-shirt must be visible at all times.
- Comfortable shoes and a dependable watch are a must for everyone.
- There will not be a secure place for valuables (including purses). Please leave all valuables in the car or at home.
Liza Dubinsky, JDRF Development Coordinator